- Calories: 230
- Protein: 6 g
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7 g
- Total Sugar: 0 g
- Natural Sugar: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
Avocado toast is a food trend with serious staying power. I love that it provides a somewhat “blank” canvas that you can “decorate” using whatever you have on hand. In this case, I brighten it up with lemon juice and finish it off with a staple in my kitchen, Everything But The Salt seasoning from Dash. You can let avocado be the standalone star or top your toast with sliced veggies, chopped herbs or a sunny side up egg!
- Prep time
- Total Time
• 1 avocado, mashed or cubed (about 1 cup)
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
• 1 tablespoon Dash Everything But The Salt Seasoning Blend
• Optional Toppings: Over-easy egg, hot sauce, sliced jalapenos, halved grape tomatoes, chopped cucumbers
In a medium bowl, mix or mash the avocado and lemon juice. Top each slice of toast with a layer of the avocado mixture, seasoning blend, and optional herbs and toppings. Serve immediately.
1 serving is 1 slice of toast
Love Avocado? Try my Fiery Avocado Rice Cakes.