- Calories: 200
- Protein: 3g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Total Sugar: 15g
- Natural Sugar: 9g
- Added Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 95mg
Want a delectable dessert that’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart? Look no further! This healthy take on cobbler is a must-have treat for summer parties – your guests will certainly want the recipe.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 1/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- • ¼ cup granulated sugar
- • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • ¼ cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- • 1 cup old-fashioned oats, dry
- • 8 cups (about 2 ½ pounds) mixed berries (like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- • 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour (may substitute cornstarch)
- • 1 teaspoon orange zest
- • 2 tablespoons orange juice
Preheat oven to 375˚.
Wash and dry berries thoroughly. Hull and halve strawberries so they are about the same size as the other berries you are using.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the berries with arrowroot (or cornstarch), orange zest, and orange juice. Pour the fruit mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter. With a fork, squish the butter into the flour mixture until the flour is no longer dry (it should resemble wet sand).
Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly on top of the fruit and place the baking dish in the oven. Bake for about 60 minutes or until the topping is crispy and brown, and the fruit is bubbling. Allow the crisp to cool for at least 30 minutes, so the filling can set, and then serve!
*Note: To make clean-up easier, place baking dish on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This will keep fruit juices from falling to the bottom of your oven!